Evan is deeply passionate about music business education and sharing insight from his own successful, independent 20 year career with government agencies and private companies around the world. He has been an international touring musician, booking agent, music journalist, artist manager, podcast host, and federally-funded music business conference and showcase festival coordinator. He is a Canadian citizen, married with children, living between Canada and Taiwan.
Through Evan’s established global network, he has helped artists from around the world gain successful opportunities in North America, Europe, and Asia. Bringing his wealth of experience in the music world to provide strategic initiatives to connect artists globally.
- International Partnership Consultant for NXNE (Toronto)
- International Marketplace Consultant for Canadian Music Week Trade Missions and Canadian Association for the Advancement of Music and the Arts (CAAMA)
- Conference Coordinator for Canadian government-funded Music Business Conference and Global Showcase, Live at Heart Newfoundland
- International Coordinator for Live at Heart (Sweden)
- Having lived here on and off since 2018, Taiwan is Evan’s Asian business hub
- Helped Taiwan Creative Content Agency (TAICCA) publish a document for Music Business Manager Training Course (August 2020)
- Hosted 4 hour lecture-workshop on building marketing tools for musicians for international marketplaces with Taiwan Beats (October 2020)
- Building relationships for Golden Melody Awards since 2018
- Working with Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA) to gain access to India’s entertainment, journalism, and music industry
- Brokered major deal between South Korean SBS Media/ASIA SONG FESTIVAL and Wonderwall Media (India)
- Hosted lecture for Japanese music industry on understanding creative opportunities through Okinawa’s Music Lane online conference and showcase
- International consultant for TV, festival production/artist development for Wonderwall Media; helped bring Thaikkudam Bridge as first Indian artist to Summerfest
- Performed in India as musician himself, then was a booker for UK and Sweden acts
- Collaborated with music industry companies in 7 of the 10 ASEAN countries since 2019